How to Personalize Your Amazon Solicitations (& Get Better Results)
Imagine you’ve just purchased a product from an eCommerce site. If you hear from the seller at all, are you more likely to respond to a generic email or a message that addresses you by name and is tailored to your buying experience?
Don’t underestimate the power of customization in your communications with customers. In a recent report from eConsultancy, 74% of marketers stated that customer engagement increased with personalization. Luckily, sending customized messages is faster, easier, and more cost effective than ever before.
In this post, we’ll explore how to customize your feedback and product review solicitations for sales made on the Amazon marketplace.
Why Personalization Matters
Think about how you feel when a friend texts you a link or shares something with you on social media. You probably feel special and like you matter to that friend. You may even feel compelled to find something funny or interesting to share with them in return.
When it comes down to it, that’s how we all want to feel. Virtual communication is quick and convenient, but it can also make us feel like we’re interacting in a vacuum. A little bit of personalization can go a long way towards increasing connection…and connecting with your customers is incredibly beneficial for your eCommerce business.
Manual Customization is Not Scalable
Online sellers are accustomed to wearing many hats simultaneously: CEO, purchasing agent, sales, inventory clerk, customer service representative, marketer, quality inspector and the list goes on. Like many of our customers, you probably regularly find yourself working on tasks that are outside of your area of expertise. After all, it’s one of the joys and challenges of maintaining an eCommerce business as technology continues to change rapidly. It’s likely that customer engagement is one of those tasks that falls outside of your wheelhouse.
While it is possible to solicit feedback through Amazon’s Seller Central dashboard, it is also time consuming. You could theoretically personalize your messages individually, but not in scale unless you devoted hours upon hours to the task or hire someone to take care of it for you–either way, manually personalizing your solicitation messages is going to cost you a lot of time and money.
FeedbackFive, a feedback management tool designed by eComEngine for Amazon merchants, takes care of the personalization for you…automatically.
Shortcut Tags Do the Work for You
Add a personal touch to your customer relations by customizing your email templates in FeedbackFive. You can use shortcut tags to automatically insert a product image and the name of the item into each of your messages. FeedbackFive makes it easy to automatically individualize your customer communications.
When you add a Shortcut Tag, a popup window will appear with that tag’s properties. You can preview the tag in that popup or by previewing the email.
Here’s a closer look at the information FeedbackFive’s shortcut tags can generate for you:
- Feedback Link: A link to the Amazon.com, Inc. (“Amazon”) page where your customer can leave feedback for the order. This includes a link that says “Leave Seller Feedback” in addition to the full URL for the feedback page.
- Feedback Link Short: A “Leave Seller Feedback” link to the Amazon page where your customer can leave order feedback, no URL.
- Item List and Product Review Link: List of items purchased in this order with a link to leave a product review.
- Product Review Link: Link to leave a product review for the first item in an order. Other items ordered will be displayed on the Amazon Review Page.
- Product Review Link With Image: Include applicable image, product title, and review link with list of items purchased.
- Product Review Link With Stars: List of items purchased with applicable image, product title, and 5-star rating, all linked to the Amazon product review page for the specific item.
- Product Review URL: List of items purchased with the URL to leave a review for each item.
- Product Review URL Plain: List of URL links for each product in the order without a description of each item.
- Company Name: Your company name.
- Contact Us: Link to the Amazon page where the customer can contact the seller for this order.
- Amazon Vendor Number: The merchant or vendor number assigned by Amazon for the marketplace connected to your FeedbackFive account.
- Amazon Order Link: Provides a link to view the order and order number on Amazon.com.
- Order Date: Amazon-provided date for the order.
- Order Number: Amazon’s number for the order. (Amazon encourages sellers to include this number in communication with customers.)
- Item List: List of one or more items purchased in this order.
- Product Page Link List: List of items purchased in this order, including a link to each product page on Amazon.com.
- Share on Social Media: List of items purchased in this order with corresponding social media icons.
- SKU Tag: One or more user-created messages specific to the items on the order.
Including a direct link to Amazon’s review page for your product in addition to a product image/description can significantly increase the likelihood that you’ll receive a product review for an item. You can increase your odds of receiving seller feedback by including a link to the seller feedback page.
Tailor Your Communication
By making your solicitation emails personal and making it easy for your clients to leave feedback and product reviews, you can increase your customer engagement and potentially boost future sales. FeedbackFive facilitates the process of asking for feedback while making your customers feel special by including customized information about their order. See the difference FeedbackFive can make by signing up for a free trial here.
Originally published on July 15, 2016, updated June 7, 2019
This post is accurate as of the date of publication. Some features and information may have changed due to product updates or Amazon policy changes.