Are You Attending the Global Sources Summit?
by Becky Trowbridge, on October 12, 2017
Do you attend sourcing exhibitions in Hong Kong or China?
If you’re going to be in the area this month, you won’t want to miss the Global Sources Summit for Amazon sellers. The event will be held from October 17-19, 2017 at the AsiaWorld-Expo near the Hong Kong airport.
About the Event
The Global Sources Summit takes place at the same venue as two major Global Sources trade shows (Gifts & Home and Mobile Electronics) in Hong Kong, allowing eCommerce sellers to attend both events within one trip. The Summit features presentations by eCommerce and sourcing experts from the United States and Europe as well as China and Hong Kong.
This three-day conference is intended for both intermediate and advanced eCommerce merchants. It is especially helpful for merchants who are developing their own private-label products and for anyone who is sourcing items from China to sell on the Amazon marketplace.
Global Sources Summit Highlights
This event is packed with information for Amazon sellers. Each day of the event will have a different theme: Source Smarter, Sell Better and Profit More. Here are a few examples of the many presentations sellers can participate in:
- Sourcing Outlook 2018: Emerging Trends & How They Could Impact Your eCommerce Business
- Middlemen and Strategies for Visiting the Factory
- The Art of Negotiation: 6 Things to Negotiate with Your China Supplier
- Communication: How to Talk to Suppliers So They Will Listen
- AMS Advertising Strategies That Can Make You an Extra 6-7 Figures a Year
- Amazon Suspensions: How to Get Your Account Back When Amazon Refuses to Reinstate
- Global Selling on Online Marketplaces: Insights, Learnings and Challenges
- Streamlining Your China Shipments with Amazon Global Logistics
- 10 Surefire Ways to Make Your Importing and eCommerce Business More Profitable
There is also a mastermind session for advanced sellers with Will Tjernlund, Sean Smith, Danny McMillan and Manuel Becvar. This event is only open to sellers with online sales of more than $20,000/month.
eCommerce Seller Travel
We recently conducted a vacation survey to find out how Amazon sellers prefer to vacation. Our report showed that most merchants do not plan their vacation travel time around seller conferences and events, but this is a perfect example of an event that could work well for that, since travel time to China is quite extensive for U.S. sellers. Traveling to interact with suppliers face to face can go a long way toward building a great relationship.
Use Our Code to Save $50
If you’re traveling to Hong Kong or China this month and plan to attend the Global Sources Summit, you can save $50 with code 6EC50. Do you attend this or other trade shows? Comment below to tell us which events you look forward to most!