Midwest e-Com Conference: Seller's Guide
The fifth annual Midwest e-Com Conference recently took place in Minneapolis, Minnesota. eComEngine was a sponsor for this educational event. Liz Fickenscher, Becky Trowbridge and Sean Shanahan attended from the eComEngine team.
The two-day event was jam packed with informational sessions, networking opportunities and more. One thing that was immediately clear? There’s a real sense of community associated with this conference. That’s no surprise if you know the man behind it all, Travis Barritt. Travis is an experienced Amazon seller who started Midwest e-Com as a way to foster growth and support in the Midwestern eCommerce community.
"Midwest e-Com provides opportunities to all levels of sellers, and that's what we've wanted since the very first year. Our goal is to create an environment that is educational, but fun and approachable. The energy at the conference is palpable - and it's because of the attendees, presenters and sponsors. I want to make this the best conference of its kind, and our 6th year will be the best year yet."
- Travis Barritt, Midwest e-Com Organizer and professional Amazon seller
Steph Nissen of Atomic Revenue was the Emcee for this year’s event. If you’ve seen our webinar with her on the topic of social media for Amazon sellers, you know she really knows her stuff. She did a great job of keeping the event running smoothly and incorporating social media with giveaways throughout both days.
"Midwest eCom brings sellers of all levels together in one room where real conversations can happen that promote learning, growth, and genuine friendships. I’ve been thrilled to be a part of the event the last few years as a speaker and emcee and look forward to the 6th event next year!"
- Steph Nissen, Midwest e-Com Emcee and Head of Digital Operations at Atomic Revenue
Unique Educational Opportunities
Seller education was a huge component of this conference. There were speakers, many of them Amazon sellers, on a wide range of topics. Here’s a quick overview to give you an idea:
- Ryan Nichols of Wholesale Universe, wholesale sourcing & scaling
- Tim Jordan of Hickory Flats, private label strategy
- Shannon Roddy of Marketplace Seller Courses, must-have tools for Amazon sellers
- Ryan McCarty of Culture of Good, inspiration and motivation for business owners
- Kevin Weeks of Payability, sales growth
- Eddie Levine of Wholesale Breakthrough, conquering wholesale trade shows
- Dang Nguyen of Propulzion.ca, finding profitable private label products
- Barbara Boschen of CoMerchant, platform diversification
- Ashlin Hadden of Ashlin Hadden Insurance, why Amazon sellers need insurance
- Anthony Famularo of Amazon Sellers Lawyer, seller account suspensions
- Tyler Nelson and Chris Anderson of Superhero Sellers, strategies for online arbitrage
- Brianna Moller Green of Elite Product Sourcing and VA Rentals, Amazon Merch
- Kimberly McCaffery of InventoryLab, avoiding burnout as an Amazon seller
- Shawn Michael of AMZ Staffing Solutions, ExpoRecon and Vendrive
All of these folks offered great information and were very willing to share what they have learned with the sellers in attendance. They discussed their topics and then answered audience questions.
"Education is only 20% of your success. The other 80% is how you use what you’ve learned. Travis has put together a well rounded conference that can serve as an incredible foundation to the development of one’s Amazon based business."
-Shawn Michael, AMZ Staffing Solutions
Reserve Your Spot
Tickets are already on sale for the 2019 Midwest e-Com Conference in Minneapolis. If you’re located in the Midwest or simply want to connect with other eCommerce professionals in a relaxed and educational environment, this is a great show to attend.
“Midwest eCom was an incredible opportunity to meet both sellers and other service providers. In addition to the sessions the conference was meaningful in terms of the professional and personal relationships that were made. Minneapolis is a beautiful city, the people were amazing and the experience was unforgettable. I would highly recommend this conference to any Amazon seller looking to increase their knowledge and network.”
- Shannon Roddy, Marketplace Seller Courses
"Midwest e-Com was a good learning experience and an opportunity to connect with some great people."
- Sean Shanahan, eComEngine
"It was wonderful to see the Midwest eCommerce community come together at this event. The people (sellers attending, presenters and other sponsors) really make it special."
- Becky Trowbridge, eComEngine
"Great conference, great people! I learned a lot and I know everyone else did too."
- Liz Fickenscher, eComEngine
We’d love to see you there in 2019!
Originally published on September 21, 2018, updated September 5, 2019
This post is accurate as of the date of publication. Some features and information may have changed due to product updates or Amazon policy changes.