In the cross dock order type or restock model, you order items from your supplier, receive them at your own warehouse for prep, then ship them to Amazon. Here's how to do that in RestockPro.
Note: Cross dock functionality is a legacy feature that is not supported by newer accounts and is being phased out. We recommend switching to the local Restock Model instead.
Click the links below to skip to a certain section:
- Select Item(s) and Create a Purchase Order
- Receive Order and Prep Item(s)
- Create Amazon Shipment(s)
- Finalize Shipment(s) and Monitor Arrival
1. Select Item(s) and Create a Purchase Order
- Go to the Restock Suggestions page and click on a supplier or "All Suppliers".
- Scroll or use the filters to find an item that needs restocking.
- Click the arrow next to the Suggested Reorder Quantity to start an order.
- If you are prompted to choose a source of the order, choose "Order more from [supplier]." (This step only appears if you have local quantity of the item.)
- Name the PO and choose "Cross Dock to Amazon" on the pop-up modal.
- You can also choose or update the address where you want to receive the items, e.g. if you have more than one warehouse or 3PL.
2. Receive Order and Prep Item(s)
- When the order arrives at your warehouse, go to POs and Shipments in RestockPro and click "Receive Items" in the "Next Step" column.
- This brings you to the PO and Shipment Details page. Click the PO tab.
- Click the "Mark All Received" button or update the Quantity Received column to reflect the number of units you have received of each item. If your supplier sent items separately, you can continue to update this PO until all are received. Click "Save" at the top to finalize the received quantities.
Note: If items are backordered, you can either continue to update the PO or choose to mark it as Closed/Partial. Learn more about managing backorders.
- Switch to the Shipment Plan tab on this page and click the icon in the "Prep" column to see both Amazon's prep instructions and your own prep notes. Click the Stickers button above the grid to download or print labels.
- You can also choose to go ahead and create the shipment plan on Seller Central at this time (to resolve listing or hazmat issues, etc.). To do this, click "Sync with Amazon Shipping Plan" above the grid.
- Clicking this the first time creates the shipment plan on Amazon, and clicking it again afterward will apply any changes you make in RestockPro to the Amazon shipment plan. (Note: This does not work the opposite way. RestockPro cannot detect changes made to the shipment plan directly in Seller Central.)
Note: If you ordered kits, you'll need to receive them differently. See Overview of Kits.
3. Create Amazon Shipment(s)
- Go to the order and click on the Shipment Plan tab. Click the "Ship" button on the right side of the screen.
- On the Ship pop-up modal, choose how you want to proceed:
- Take me to the RestockPro Create Shipment tool: Choose this to continue in RestockPro with the steps below.
- I will finalize the shipping plan on Seller Central: Choose this to log into Amazon and create a shipment. Also, use the checkbox to select whether or not the items are now included in shipments and no longer on order. Checking this will set the order status to "Shipment Created" on the POs and Shipments page. (If you do not check the box, the order status will not change, and the units will still be counted as On Order.)
- If you choose to create the shipment in RestockPro, next you will see a modal guiding you through the shipment process.
Ensure the details are correct on the pop-up modal and select options as needed:
- Ship items by case pack: Check the box to ship by case pack, if applicable. A Case Qty column will appear automatically, along with the Ship Qty (which shows the number of units).
- Sticker? Check this box if Amazon requires labels for this item.
- Who preps: Choose whether the seller (supplier in this case) or Amazon will prep this item.
- Click "Next" and check or edit the details on the next tab:
- Shipment Name: This will default to be the same as the order name you started with in RestockPro but can be changed.
- From Address: This will default to your supplier's address (set up your suppliers' addresses on the Suppliers page), or you can select a different address, e.g. your own or your warehouse.
- Label Preference:
- Seller Label Only: the seller (your supplier in this case) will label the items as required by Amazon.
- Amazon Label Only: Amazon will attempt to label any items that require labels. If they don't have enough information to label a product, that item will not be included in the shipping plan.
- Amazon Label Preferred: Amazon will attempt to label any items that require labels. If they don't have enough information to label a product, that item will still be included in the shipping plan, and the seller/supplier must label it.
- Below these options, you can choose how you want to continue with the shipment: either continue to create the shipment within RestockPro or create the shipping file that you can upload to Seller Central.
- Choosing "Create shipping file for upload" will allow you to choose which Amazon workflow to use and then download the correct file. Learn more.
- Choosing "Create the shipment in RestockPro" will take you through the rest of the process in RestockPro. Click "Next" and continue with the steps below.
- If you selected "Send in Case Packs" on the first tab and "Create the shipping plan file for me to upload" > "Send to Amazon" on the second tab, you will now see a "Case Pack" tab where you fill in the box dimensions and weights for your case pack items (required).
- On the Review tab, RestockPro will retrieve the shipment plan from Amazon and display it. Review the details of the shipment(s) and click "Next" to accept the shipment plan. RestockPro will create the shipment(s) in Amazon for you.
- You will also have the chance to add these items to an existing Amazon shipment here if you prefer.
- On the Complete tab, RestockPro will confirm that the shipment was created and offer for you to print stickers if needed.
4. Finalize Shipment(s) and Monitor Arrival
- A few minutes after creating your shipment(s), RestockPro will display further options on the PO and Shipment Details page. Click the Box and Label button to:
- Define specific boxes in the shipment, the number of units in each, and the box dimensions.
- Review and accept shipping charges.
- Download box labels.
- Pack, label, and ship your boxes.
- On the POs and Shipments page, you will see the status of the shipment until it is fully received by Amazon. This will update automatically, but you can click "Refresh Amazon Status" in the "Next Steps" column to update the information instantly.