Learn how to easily comply with Amazon's sticker and label requirements.
FBA sellers must comply with Amazon's sticker and label requirements. RestockPro's flexible sticker formats make it easy to meet these requirements while also increasing efficiency. Here are some tips to make labeling your FBA items as easy as possible.
Maximize the Extra Fields on Stickers
RestockPro will always print what Amazon requires on the label, but you can also include two of the following:
- Title/description continue: more of the item name, if it is too long to fit on a single line (helps you see at a glance which sticker goes with which product as you label the items)
- Your SKU: the identifier you use internally for this product
- Supplier SKU: the identifier your supplier uses for this product (may be particularly helpful for direct ship orders)
- ASIN: Amazon's identifier for this product
- UPC: universal product code, a standard identifier used for many products
- EAN: a European identifier code used for many products
- Sticker text: custom text you have set for the product on the Products page
- Custom text: custom text for this specific batch of stickers
Add sticker text by going to the Products page, clicking on the product, and typing in the "Sticker text" field on the Product Details pop-up modal.
Use sticker text to:
- Brand your shipments with your store name so they are easily recognized.
- Include expiration dates if desired.
- Add any other information you routinely want to include on stickers so that you don't have to type it into custom text every time you print stickers.
Use custom text to:
- Print the packing date on stickers for identification when you receive Amazon's picture of a returned good.
- Add any other information that is unique to this batch of products and will help you or Amazon pick, pack, and ship better.
Learn more about finalizing box contents and labels in RestockPro.
Use the Right Printer and Formatting
- Thermal printers are best, but laser printers are also acceptable. Do not use inkjet printers!
- Use a print resolution of 300 DPI or more.
- Your printer may attempt to scale (resize) the PDF print area. To avoid this, set your printer scaling to None or 100%.
- Don’t forget to clean and test your printer periodically.
Label Paper Requirements:
- Use white, non-reflective label paper.
- Barcodes must be printed in black ink.
- Removable adhesive is best (so your customers can get rid of the label after delivery).
Place the Printed Stickers Properly
- Your new barcode should effectively cover all other barcodes so that it is the only scannable option (except for Transparency product serialization codes).
- Place labels on a flat surface — no seams, curves, or corners.
- Put labels on the outside of any poly bags or bubble wrap, etc. so that the Amazon warehouse team can scan the items without unwrapping them.
- Leave at least 0.25in (or 1cm) between the edge of your label and the edge of the package.
- Each item in a case pack needs an Amazon barcode.
- Double-check one more time that this is the right label on the right product!
Learn more about printers, label placement, and more in this guide.