If your suggestions don't seem quite right, it may help to change a few key settings.
My suggestions are too low: I am running out of stock.
Restock Rules: Go to Options > Settings and try the following:
- If you use a cross dock or local restock model, increase the local lead time, especially when prep and Amazon receiving times increase.
- Increase your Target Quantities on Hand days min and max.
- Review the Sales Velocity rule and consider changing it. For example, if you are adding new items to your Amazon catalog frequently, you may need to use a weighted average to ensure the sales from the past 7 days are weighted more heavily than sales from 30 or 90 days ago.
- Set Adjust Velocity for Out of Stock to YES. (This will increase your sales velocity in the restock calculation by up to 15% to make up for out of stock days when no sales were possible.)
- Set Include Pending Orders to YES.
- Make sure the lead times for the supplier's restock model are accurate.Review the Ignore Old Shipments rule and consider reducing the number of days RestockPro should wait before ignoring a shipment that has not been received by Amazon.
Supplier settings: Go to Suppliers and click into any supplier whose items seem to have low suggestions.
- Make sure the lead times for the supplier's restock model are accurate.
Restock Suggestions page: If your items have a very high out of stock percentage and/or red flag beside the Restock Needed on the Restock Suggestions page, the settings above may not be sufficient to solve the problem right away. Instead, you should manually adjust the order/ship quantities next time you restock these products.
- Use the out of stock percentage as a rough estimate of how much to increase the order/shipment. For example, if the item has an out of stock percentage of 80% (meaning it was out of stock for 80% of the time in the last 30 days), add another 50%-80% of the Restock Needed number to your order/shipment.
My suggestions are too high: I am overstocking.
Restock Rules: Go to Options > Settings and check the following:
- Reduce your Target Quantities on Hand days min and max.
- Review the Sales Velocity rule and consider changing it to a higher number of days.
- Set Include Pending Orders to NO.
- Review the Ignore Old Shipments rule and consider increasing the number of days RestockPro should wait before ignoring a shipment that has not been received by Amazon. Or, leave this blank so that RestockPro will never ignore them automatically. (You can always archive shipments from the POs and Shipments page manually.)
Products: Go to Products in the top navigation.
- Use tags and notes to track seasonal items so you don't accidentally stock those during the wrong time of year.