You can make an image smaller within the template editor. To make an image larger, upload a larger version to avoid distortion.
To reduce the size of an image you have added to an email template, follow these steps:
- Open the template in the Advanced Editor.
- Right-click or control-click the image.
- Choose “Image Properties” in the menu that appears.
- Type a number of pixels into either the width or height field. Note: Clicking the lock icon toggles between locking the ratio to keep the image from being distorted, or allowing each dimension to be adjusted separately. It is best to lock the ratio (default).
- Adjust the number you have typed and observe the preview window until you have resized the image to your preference. Our default email templates are normally 500 pixels wide, so type 500 in the width field to fit the usual width of a template, or something smaller than 500 as needed.
- Click “OK” to save.
Note: Images wider than 500 pixels will be automatically resized to 500 pixels when they are uploaded to the Image Library. It is best practice to send only images that are 500 pixels or narrower for all Amazon messages.